WGN News Features PHI Test
The Prostate Health Index (PHI) test is now available at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, offering patients a new option for detecting prostate cancer. In February, WGN News highlighted the PHI test and interviewed Dr. Catalona in a story entitled “New test means new way to fight prostate cancer.”
Alert: New Concerns Revealed about Robotic Surgery
FDA Surveying Hospitals and Surgeons about Robotic Surgery Complications
The FDA is investigating the safety of surgical robots used in many US hospitals for surgery. By surveying surgeons at key hospitals, the government agency seeks to determine if the rise in incidents, including deaths, reported to the FDA result from the robots or from other issues.
- Robot Surgery Damaging Patients Rises with Marketing (Bloomberg, October 7, 2013)
- Robot Hot Among Surgeons but FDA Taking Fresh Look (AP, April 9, 2013)
- Robosurgery Suits Detail Injuries as Death Reports Rise (Bloomberg, March 5, 2013)
- Intuitive Robot Probe Threatens Trend-Setting Surgeries (Bloomberg, March 1, 2013)
Growing Concerns About Surgical Robots
A CNBC Investigations, Inc. review reveals a rise in lawsuits and complaints about injuries after da Vinci surgical robot procedures.
- Robot Doctors in the Operating Room (ABC News, April 12, 2013)
- Robotic Surgery: Growing Sales, but Growing Concerns (CNBC, March 19, 2013)
- Intuitive Surgical: Angel with Broken Wings, or the Devil in Disguise? (Citron Research, January 17, 2013)
- Has the Halo been Broken on Intuitive Surgical? (Citron Research, December 19, 2012)
Relevant QUEST Articles: